Monday, September 10, 2007

911

Yesterday, the inevitable, or perhaps, evitable, happened. I was helping my step-daughter with her homework while combing my daughter's hair when, suddenly, i started having some serious chest pain and heart palpitation. I was getting cold sweat and couldn't concentrate...
so i called 911. It took 15minutes for the whole thing to subside and only did so when the paramedics came and supplied me with oxygen. Since it was concerning my heart, they said not to take any chances and so they rushed me off to the hospital. After six hours and numerous tests, fortunately for me, my heart was ok. I did not have a heart attack but something that would make me feel as if i was having one: an anxiety attack. Never had it before and wouldn't like to experience anything like that again; it was a very scary thing to have experienced. They told me to take it easy and work out my life so that i will have less stress. All in all, i felt like i was in a nightmarish episode of HOUSE.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my GOD!! That is crazy! This school really does stress you out. So sorry to hear about it Jerisha. Please take care.

Jer said...

:) thanks Ward, i think i've figured out a way to better handle things. After all, i never want to go through that again, ever. Thanks for your concern :)