Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My Life, Revisited

Guess it's time for an update, eh? Well, my lack of "updates" is just me trying to refrain from lamenting my life. Nothing new happened over the last few weeks, instead, everything is to my detriment, cyclical: home, school, home, school... with research, presentations and (Jaylah, my sweetheart's) appointments and illnesses in-between. Graduate school takes a lot of the "fun" out of learning, i find. I'm just not cruising along like i used to and it's more work overload than anything else. And you realize just how pathetic it all is when you cannot afford to take your face out of a book long enough to send an e-mail, make a phone call, curl up with your significant other...or you run the risk of "falling behind". I said i wouldn't come on here and lament but, there! I wanted to take a trip (back home) this Christmas, soooo bad, but i have a ton of work that i have to get done during Christmas, not to mention catching up on my RA/GA work; so i'm lamenting that too. Life's just NOT EASY, is it?

On a more uplifting note, I will be taking my daughter trick-o'-treating tonight, so i'll be closing the books for three hours. Stay tuned for the photos...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They does try kill you! I know how it is cause them most kill me too!! :) I feel your pain Jerisha. It ain't easy. Are you doing a one year program? Cause that does make it a bit harder...

Jer said...

Yes, Ward, i am doing a one year program (actually 12mths and not the usual 8mths). Please, remind me why you didn't want to do your MA in English... I can't remember what you said, exactly, but i think i'm feeling it right now.
Thanks for your empathy!

Unknown said...

I didn't want to do the MA in English because I felt that the higher up you went on the English ladder the more it became just bullshit... Hey we're almost at Christmas break!! :-D

Jer said...

I now have to wade my way through all that. I'm glad it's almost Christmas. Hopefully i will have a different experience come January...