Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Art and Xperience






"I can only speak for myself. But what i write and how i write is done in order to save my own life. And i mean that literally. For me literature [and poetry] is a way of knowing that i am not hallucinating, that whatever i feel / know is." -- Barbara Christian, "The Race for Theory"




On that note, i will venture to say: i look for my truths in literature, in poetry, in music, in dance, in photographs, in gestures; in other words, in silences and spoken words, in those forms we call "fiction". I've stopped searching history books and official records. I now look around me. I write what i see through my own lense, and from my own perspective. I read.

2 comments:

Chart Smart said...

Nice Blog :)

Lauren said...

Well said. I feel the same way. :)