Sunday, August 19, 2007

Mr. Dean

My prayers and thoughts go out to everyone in the Caribbean who have, and will have, experience the wrath of hurricane Dean. The Caribbean has taken too much beating from natural disasters; the man upstairs probably forgot to do a roll call to see who have had enough. I mean, since the arrival of Columbus, the roll call seemed to have stopped in the Caribbean sea. The man just bring pure bad luck wid em from Europe, cho. It's seems like Caribbean countries are set to beg their way through history since damages from natural disasters are always in the millions. Every time these countries try to stand there is always something there to beat them down. Residents can only watch in fear.

As usual, only the tourists can leave. Natives have never truly had the luxury of "leaving". I can just imagine the loss that the poor will face, not to mention those living on the edge of cliffs and close to the shores. People who have nothing before the hurricane will have nothing-plus afterwards. I spoke to my sister-in-law last night and she told me that hurricane Ivan almost lifted her house off it blocks and it was category 3 on a 5point scale. My sister's house was flooded from Ivan as well; this time she is reluctant to face Dean. I encouraged everyone to stay strong and they all agreed that they will have to. They refused to be beaten down in spirit by Mr. Dean.

No comments: