Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ten Things and a Poem

Here are ten things you didn't know about me...

  1. i have been to the Cayman Islands
  2. i received 100% on my citizenship test
  3. i make my best decisions in the shower
  4. i don't care for flowers
  5. i don't gamble
  6. i bite my nails
  7. i dream a lot
  8. i can't swim
  9. i 'm faithful
  10. i like diamonds
Accursed Romance

As a girl, she'd met him.
He took her, tempestuously
raped her, made her want him
she hated him.
He saved her, ruined her
she opened, like a jasmine
to his promises, kisses
playing for keeps, she couldn't.
He was her secret,
her "little white lie",
her escape, her jewel
her confidante.
They played chess, naked
with words, without language
he touched her, she cried
in pain, in ecstasy, in hope
that nothing was lost
between the sheets
of her heart, feign.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this poem Jerisha! I have to link to your blog from mine. Your stuff is really good.

Jer said...

Thanks, Ward. In the purest way possible, you just made my day :)