Friday, August 24, 2007

My "Fix"

I finished watching "Millionaire" and "Jeopardy" and needed a fix (i don't drink or smoke, i watch tv) so i scanned the channels and bumped into "Miss Teen USA 2007". Actually they reached a milestone this year: they gave the title to a brunette instead of a blond! Good for them! I'm much better at the "millionaire" questions than the jeopardy clues, maybe because i want to be a millionaire :). But that's ok, i'm more than happy with the little that i have. Some people win pageants, some people win money, and some people write blogs; who said life wasn't fair?

I'm feeling a little anti-establishment tonight, can't stand red tape.

Over the last couple days i have been reading and working on my proposals of which i now have one page (single space); one more page to go!

I had some shrimps for dinner today, again. I've been having it once per week for the past two weeks. I was allergic to all seafood except codfish and tuna. A couple weeks ago i tried shrimp (haven't had it in 10years)and realized that i didn't swell up, so i was happy and had it again, and again, and again. The next step is crab and lobster; scary. One step at a time. Now, if only i had 20/20 vision...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on the seafood. My uncle used to love lobster, shrimp et al. but developed an allergy. I hope the same doesn't happen to me...

When is the deadline for these scholarship thingees you are working on? And which ones btw? Do tell...

Jer said...

It's the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) and the Social Science and Humanities Research Council Scholarship(SSHRC). Since my MA program will take 12mths, i have to apply now for 2008-2009, which will be the year i start my Doctorate. The OGS is 15,000 and the SSHRC is 20,000 for 4 years (i think) in addition to TA funding. The deadline is around the end of September/October.

Unknown said...

Starting your Doctorate! Gone then! Good stuff Jerisha! I really don't know if I can make that phd you know...

Jer said...

Yes, Ward, you CAN make that PhD thing. You have to, you must...

But if you decide not to, i'm still happy for you!