Sunday, July 22, 2007

Mobility Rights

I am having a lousy day. I am so tired. I will be taking my citizenship test tomorrow, it's about time. I only read the-book-they-sent-for-me-to-study once so hopefully that's enough. I won't start on the "Canadian History" that you get to study, i'm just glad they included the Aboriginal peoples. I planned a trip to go see my relatives in the US only to find out that i need to be a Canadian citizen to go there. God, it makes me think about the politics of mobility rights. Only a those with first class international status can travel the world. If you are from the "third world" and poor, forget it. There is so much injustice in this world sometimes it makes me wonder if the man upstairs is sleeping. I am tired of being pissed off and i rock my brain trying to figure out what i can do about it only to realize that i just have to let it go...

In other news...
i bought Margaret Atwood's ALIAS GRACE because i'm trying to read ahead for my grad classes. It breaks the record for the longest novel i will have read for an English Literature course. It stands at a whooping 561pages. But more on that later, when i get over my crankiness...

No comments: