Friday, July 6, 2007

Navigating Life

I woke up feeling dizzy today which resulted in a trip to the doctor. Turns out i'm fine, medically. I need to start a workout routine but my daughter is keeping me busy; actually, she is the workout! I dropped by the book store and got myself a copy of Ishmael Beah's A LONG WAY GONE and, so far, i can tell it will be a masterpiece. It won't be long before it is added to my list of fave texts. It's a memoir and i find that i am drawn to these kinds of life writing texts. I am usually drawn to works that are disrupting, that makes you cringe, emotionally, and say, "damn, this is important, and i am glad that i have read it." I have been forcing myself to start writing again. Funny, i know there's gotta be some creative talent in me hiding away somewhere, the task is to give voice to it. See, now i have to write this blog while listening to "pop goes the weasel" because JJ just cannot bear the weight of silence. I am humbled by her personality; her energy is out of this world; makes me wish i was the one being spoon fed applesauce!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Jerisha! You Summa cum laude you. :) Good to see you yesterday. Keep on blogging and sneak some apple sauce when the baby isn't looking. :)

Jer said...

Thanks for dropping by, Ward. I have sneaked applesauce on numerous occassion. Hands down, i still don't have her energy!