Tuesday, July 10, 2007

On Motherhood

It's not easy being a mom. Having a child takes so much out of you; you forget to comb your hair, check your clothes before throwing them on, heck, you sometimes can't remember if you've taken a shower all day! It's fun, though, to watch your child grow and notice each little development and transformation. I still can't figure out how people with three or four children handle it. Moms should get a check in the mail every month for just being moms; after all, they are responsible, for better or worse, for raising these little aliens to be good and law abiding citizens. I love my daughter to death. I can't imagine life without her in it. The trouble is, my life has never been the same since she entered it: lack of sleep, weight gain, appointments, you name it. It's not all about me anymore that's for sure! I'm now, officially or unofficially, a doctor, teacher, nurse, dietitian, counsellor, personal support worker, secretary, interior designer, general consultant, fashion auditor.... I wonder what kind of woman she will turn out to be? With all my hard work, hmmm, we'll see...

No comments: