Wednesday, July 11, 2007

My Golden Star

I woke up late this morning because sunshine did not peek through my bedroom window. My friendship with her goes way back, but we haven't been the best of friends lately because she believes that i am using her to get what i want. The truth is, she has an anger problem but doesn't want to admit it because it will deter her other friends from tanning and sun bathing. She gets grumpy when it rains and, at times, won't come out for days. Everyone is happy when she's at her brightest, but no one will stay in her company for too long (because like i said, she has a red hot temper problem). My daughter loves sunshine very much and is adamant about seeing her everyday, so i wrote this poem for her to say to sunshine on her very next grumpy day:

My Golden Star

Sunshine, Sunshine,
where are you?
why won't you come out
and play with me?

I love apples, oranges
and bananas too,
all things pleasant will come
to you

you are my friend,
so glorious and free
today, if i see you,
I'll be sure to let you know
you are my only, lucky
golden star!

No comments: