Sunday, July 29, 2007

In Good Spirits, They Say

Well, i am in a particularly good mood today and for no other reason than that i'm happy. Every once in a while i have these little bouts of joy that covers me like a sheet fresh from the laundry. I find that i have to entertain positive thoughts nowadays when all else seem to evoke havoc and mayhem. We are living in times when smiles and happy faces are running scarce like grains in the middle of a famine. I'm very glad that i can find some peace within me and that my family is together and strong. I hope that those who scarcely have joy in their lives will someday find its solace. I cannot bring world peace (though i wish i could) and i now believe that such a thing can never be achieved. Human beings, in my opinion, have a subtle propensity to evil and it takes the workings of numerous chemicals on the inside and numerous social workings on the outside for us to be "good". We are like wild bears ready to prance only to find that we are caged into certain norms and codes of conduct. I choose to believe this over the other theory which says that we are all naturally good creatures because i feel like goodness is something that we achieve after knowledge; and, even then, we still have to try our very best to "be good". I hope that in our daily struggles we can successfully fight our own demons and emerge, close enough, to, well... this goodness.

No comments: